Friday, August 30, 2013

Post Dayton Hamvention UPDATE

Well I did pull and all-night'r  Wednesday into Thursday morning finishing up 30 LVB Trackers for Hamvention.


Normally I leave for Dayton Wednesday afternoon getting into Dayton around 9pm.  Thursday morning up at 6 to get to Hara to start Inside Exhibit volunteer work for DARA.  This year I didn't need to work for DARA till Friday but I really like being inside on Thursday for set up day so I left home around 4am arriving at HARA around 8AM....  AND I FELT TERRIBLE.  Felt that way before leaving home.  Got real lucky and made it.  Felt terrible the rest of the day but still enjoyed being there.  Spend mid morning to late afternoon helping set up the AMSAT booth.  This year we saw a few changes.  The worse not having Gould Smith, WA4SXM there to direct the setup of the booth.  And then having a totally new booth arrangement this year.  But we had two great AMSAT leaders this year Alan Biddle, WA4SCA and Steve Belter, N9IP filled in for Gould and did a great job with an all new booth layout.  And we had plenty of volunteers to help out with setup.

Reviewing this draft on August 30th I realized most the details about Hamvention have been forgotten.  So I post this FWIW like the rest of my blog.


























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home