Saturday, February 28, 2009

NEVER A DULL MOMENT

As I am typing this Sue and I are eating dinner at our favorite eatery in Munroe Falls, our home town, The Crooked River Grill. I know it's crazy but it's been a crazy day starting Friday evening.


Rufus (BOO) started acting funny. He couldn't jump up on the couch. He would start but give up. Then he would go sit in front of Sue and just stare at her. Then he would come over to me to get petted. So I took him for a walk. It was a long walk and everything was fine. Back at home he couldn't get comfortable laying on the floor. Finally we all fell asleep. Around 2am Sue got up to goto the bathroom. All the dogs wanted out so she put BOO on his rope and let the doxies out. Doxies finished and came back in... Sue couldn't get Rufus to come back into the house. For an hour he sat or layed in the front yard just lookin around sometimes laying down. I got Rufus to come back in but again he couldn't get comfortable and then would sit in front of the door. Last time he did that he ended up at the emergency doggy hospital (two months ago). We even got the inflateable bed out hoping I could get him to sleep next to me on it. He did finally get comfortable next to the bed and we all got back to sleep around 4am. Good thing it's the weekend. So in the morning we went on a walk... he did pretty good. Once we were at home while I was in the shower and Sue was in the kitchen. BOO decided to jump up onto the couch and then the bay window. He was successful but let out a loud yelp. That alarmed Sue, she came downstairs to tell me. Now we were sure something was not right and decided we were either going to the vet or the emergency center. Getting BOO out of the window was a painful experience with lots of yelping. I could not get him to jump into Sue's car nor could I help him either... lots of yelping. So I took him back into the house and proceeded to build a ramp. Two hours later the ramp was done and after a short walk Rufus was able to get into Sue's car. Four hours and almost $300.00 later we know his back is OK, joints OK but lotsa gas in his intestines. They sent us home with some drugs and instructions. No jumping for a week, bland diet and no walks....




But at leas now we know he is OK.

Problem is the weekend evaporated and I built only ONE button assembly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home