Monday, April 20, 2009

LVB Tracker 24 days till Dayton Hamvention

All day Sunday and today, Monday I built 15 LVB Tracker boards. I originally thought I had 20 bare boards. They are shipped in vacu-formed bricks. Martha from the AMSAT office needed some bare boards for members that order them to build their own tracker and sent me an email requesting I ship her some boards and cases. So I sent her 5 from the last brick in stock. I thought a brick was 25 boards but when I started the build yesterday I only had 15 boards left in the brick. Bad in that I really wanted to build 20 boards, good in that 20 is a lot of boards... 15 was a lot... you seem to never get done loading parts. But with 24 days till Dayton when the next lot of boards arrive we will need to build at least 40.

Bricks of printed circuit boards as they arrive vacuum wrapped... 20 per brick!



Here's the finished boards ready to be installed!

Tomorrow hopefully the wire will arrive and we can get the lcd cables finished.

And it is now 12:29 am on Tuesday so there are 24 days till Dayton. It's going to be tight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home