Thursday, May 07, 2009

LVB Tracker 8 days till Dayton Hamvention

After soldering in the 6 1n4148 diodes I wanted to make sure we had enough idc connector strips. Did a quick count and decided to cut them for the build. Ended up not having enough. With no time left for running around town I decided to order from Jameco, our normal supplier and use express shipping. Since the shipping was going to be costly we did and inventory of all Jameco supplied and found out we had enough of these parts to complete the current build of 25 boards but not enough for the next build so we had to stop and do a Jameco order. Last night we had to order parts from Allied and the Bolt Depot.

I wanted to get the ic connectors mounted. These are time and effort consuming cause first you hafta tack solder them in place then on the second pass you hafta solder all 66 pins, 1650 total pins to solder. For the first time in my life I was STARTING TO FALL ASLEEP WHILE SOLDERING!!!

So the sockets are done and so am I. At 11:09pm I'M GOING TO BED!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home