Saturday, June 13, 2009

LVB Tracker - 14 days till Field Day

12:25pm Beginning to process lcd displays. This involves drilling out the mounting holes to 7/64" so the 4-40 nylon screws will work with the pem fastners installed on the case. Then the holes are cleaned. To finish a 16 pin idc connector is soldered in place.

12:40pm FLASH - - - Cannot find lcd displays! Did we take them to Dayton? Hope not! Resuming search.

12:50pm FOUND LCD DISPLAYS. Looks like we have 44 left. We will use 23 since there are two left over from the Dayton build.

1:34pm Holes in the lcd displays have been drilled out and de-burred. We are also multitasking a Outlook Export dump on my wife's laptop.

2:21pm LCD Displays have been processed and ready for installation.

4:37pm DIN cables have been fabricated. This is great... as I finish one more task another is born! I guess this is progress. The din cable process is quite mechanical so I listen to the radio to distract me from my task. As I think I realize there still are things that I took to Dayton that I will need next. I AM SO TIRED IF LOOKING FOR THINGS!!!

It's time to walk Rufus (BOO) then dinner.... 4:42pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home