Wednesday, June 10, 2009

LVB Tracker - 17 days till Field Day

Got downstairs just before noon time Wednesday. Escaped a road trip into Akron and a trip to the hospital for x-rays of my knee and probably a trip to the store. I won't feel good about doing anything else until the tracker pcb's are finished. There is a weather front strung between two Low Pressure systems bisecting the state of Ohio. Rain showers and thunder storms are dancing along the front. Looking at radar right now might be the only time today I could get the grass cut so that might happen.

Anyway I did get the 9 electrolytic caps mounted, clipped and soldered in about 1 hour and 45 minutes. Normally I would mount the parts first then solder then clip. This time I mounted, soldered and clipped each board individually. While this may not be the most efficient way to do it the varying work takes the boredom out of the task and I'm still ready to go. It seems to be a more refreshing way to do it. Will keep this in mind for the next build. 2:23pm

8:15pm Dog is walked, dinner is finished and the grass is cut.

9:45pm Q1 - Q4 npn transistors mounted, clipped and soldered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home