Saturday, December 26, 2009

LVB Tracker - I'm working satellites!

Hi everyone!

It's the day after Christmas.... The best day of the winter holiday season.

Several things happening! I'm on a TWO WEEK Christmas vacation! First time in 40 years since my senior year in High School. Last year I took a week but this year was able to finagle two. Two weeks ago I finished setting up my satellite station that got taken down two years ago so I could support LVB Tracker demos at Hamvention.
When the Chinese launched Hope-1 I had to hook up the TS-2000 and hear it and WOW does it talk. So in the process I've worked most all the satellites on FM and SSB. Still learning how to set up doppler but did have a couple ssb qso's on HO-68 the other night. And hoping to install a preamp on the tower before going back to work. So I'M HAVING FUN ON THE BIRDS!!!

Also, we ran out of some LVB Tracker parts. This came at a bad time cause we are still behind 11 orders. This project has become way too successful. So, last Sunday I ordered all the parts I needed for 100 more trackers, and then some! Hoping the demand drops cause this project takes a lot of time. I try not to cut corners on this project, using connectors throughout drives the assembly time way up but I'm building every one the way I like it! Unfortunately the Matrix Orbital lcd displays may not be in till after new years. But there is lots to do to prepare for that and I just hope I can get some of that done. Having too much fun working satellites and improving the station. Got some badly needed repeater work to do too! I JUST GOT TOO MUCH TO DO! Just checked my email and there is not shipping notification from Matrix Orbital so we will not have displays until after new years. So no trackers will ship till the second week of January. Deepest apologies to those waiting... ITS ALL MY FAULT! I just take on more than I can do.

More updates to follow. You can email me at wb8cxo@amsat.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home