Friday, January 08, 2010

LVB Trackers - build update

The LCD displays arrived from Matrix Orbital this past Wednesday. They need to be tested to verify that they are Japanese font type. We now have all the parts needed to build complete trackers...

I have decided to spend more time with my family NOW instead of resigning myself from the project which is what usually happens. This will simply be a balancing act that will more favorably give the family more time. This will also include spending more time with friends either online or on the air. At least one of them wants me to dump the project. But I told him, I don't quit! Fortunately I can participate with the online chats while I'm working which is what I did last evening. That worked out well and I made significant progress.

Currently there are 10 boards in build. Transistors, connectors and the voltage regulator are all that is left to finish assembly. Next they need to be cleaned, voltage tested, pics installed an flashed, USB modules mounted then they are officially finished. That should get done today.

The next step is a little more involved. There is a button assembly and LCD cable that needs to be fabricated. The last time (just before Dayton last year) I built at least 50 at a time over the span of a week or so. Only a few assemblies remain and since we are behind schedule just enough assemblies will be built to finish the ten trackers currently in build.

Time to walk the dogs. More later...
Posted Saturday morning around 9am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home