Sunday, December 27, 2009

LVB Trackers - building !!!

Well sorta... I'm building one tracker to see how long it takes. AMSAT takes a volunteer time audit at years end and I want an accurate time for build. This time may not be entirely accurate because I build everything in assembly line fashion. I will say that building one board is more fun than building 20. And since I ran out of lcd displays I'm trying out some of the optional displays that are laying around. Now using a red on black display that looks real cool straight on but at an angle the black background washes out. Here's the red display we're looking at. The pictures don't represent the actual color of the display. But I spent so much time with it I decided to let it run.

The following image is from the Matrix Orbital web site and is how the red on black display should look!

Above is the display we've used for 99% of all trackers built. I think it is probably the best choice but I really like the blue on white but I don't have an example of that.

Spent way too much time on this blog...

Later... 73's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home