Saturday, April 24, 2010

LVB Tracker - 20 days till Dayton Hamvention



Starting another Saturday blog. Are'nt you lucky! Hey, is are'nt a word?

This past Wednesday I built 10 pc boards. They're not totally finished yet. The heatsink needs to be attached to the 7805 and the flux needs to be cleaned off the boards. Then voltage testing, pic installation and flashing and finally USB module installation.



Today after breakfast if Sue doesn't wisk me off to the store, I'll start another 10 pc boards. As I mentioned previously, 10 boards is perhaps the perfect number to build. Parts get mounted quickly and change often and you feel like you're getting somewhere. The process is motivating.
So I think for now we will build boards in groups of 10. Goal for Hamvention is 30 trackers. Compared to last year I am in better shape but I will probably work on this build up till the day of departure. Almost a repeat of last years nightmare!

My Mom is still in the hospital and I visit her every evening. Last night I took din cables with me and crimped the 8 crimp sockets on after trimming the wire ends. My sister brings her knitting, I bring my electronics. Next I think we will bring in case bottoms and process them. I have to utilize every bit of time as possible. Tonight I'm bringing in a finished tracker... Mom is curious about what this thing is that I'm building.

Nuff said... Sue is waiting in to car for the breakfast run to the Crooked River Grill.... 9:24am

1 Comments:

Anonymous James Colderwood said...

Hey Mike, Good to see your blog being updated! I have been updating my site more, Well I'm trying at least lol. I hope your mum is making good progress in getting better. And I think it will be good to show her what you actually build. She is probably wondering as you keep taking bit's there so I'm sure she will be happy to see what you do. You will make 30 trackers easy. I'll even help you out, Your probably think how is he going to help me out when he lives in the UK. Well I would say "Good question mike" I won't call you until your done. :) hahaha. Yeh like thats going to happen :).
Anyway mate, Hope your having a good day. And send my wish's to your mum.
73
See you later
DE 2E0BMI / KD8MGV james colderwood

11:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home