Tuesday, March 15, 2011

LVB Trackers, Production stalled

I'm very sad to report that LVB Tracker production has hit a big snag... This makes me very sad cause there are at least 10 folks waiting. I really do not like this but don't have a quick fix.

My wife, KB8AOF had a stroke Jan 25th and I have been spending A LOT of time dealing with that. In December I used up all the printed circuit boards so I couldn't build anyway. But towards the end of January, a new shipment of 100 boards arrived and I took them to the hospital with a bunch of parts and started to build up boards. Then I started running out of parts. Not enough 7805's, db9's and USB modules to complete the build of 10 boards. So I ordered those parts and all that I needed for the next 100 trackers. So now all the parts are in, but...

For the last several years I have built over 400 LVB Trackers. This project was never designed for ease of assembly and I added a few things make it more difficult to build like fully connectorized components that require me to make a custom LCD cables and button wiring assembly. All in all when my life was normal I could build 10 trackers in about a week in my SPARE TIME after work and on the weekends. Now bear in mind this takes all my spare time during a week. With a sick wife it is very difficult finding any spare time. Even being off from work I cant seem to find any. There always seems to be something I need to be doing. It's amazing how much Sue does taking care of the house, three dogs, four cats and a husband that is working and building LVB Trackers.

I really would love to just do nothing but build these things. It's an escape for me and right now I really need one But I can't ignore the realities of my life right now.

Later today, Tuesday March 15th, I'm hoping to get back to building. I will hafta set up a table in the living room cause Sue would like me to be upstairs with her as apposed to being in the basement for hours. Nothing is planned for today. With any luck I hope to have finished trackers on test and with a miracle I hope to ship by weeks end.

I'm trying to be optomistic about this... It's all that I can do at this time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home