Sunday, May 09, 2010

4 days 19 hours till Hamvention

I drove to Dayton to attend a Inside Exhibitors volunteers meeting yesterday.
Now I don't like driving but the meeting was at 8:30am so I was on the road just before 5am. I love driving at this time... traffic is low and you get to see the day begin as I drive. I also stayed up all night to get a TM-d710 and AVMAP G5T working and semi-installed in my truck. It was scanning and about 30 minutes after my departure James, 2E0BMI called me on Echlink on the N8BHU repeater. And while I was chatting away the D710 automatically jumps from the operating frequency on vfo a to the aprs frequency on vfo b and sends an aprs micE packet on recive. So it simultaneously allows aprs tracking and voice operation... AWESOME!!! I didn't know the radio did this until James, 2E0BMI told me about it. Then when I drove out of range from an amateur repeater or link station I contacted James on Echolink via the Echolink app on my iPhone. And it worked with only one dropout from just north of Mansfield Ohio into Dayton!

There are a little more than 4 days till Dayton. Because of my trip to Dayton yesterday I didn't get much done. Today we are putting out a maximum effort in an effort to get them finished today. Guess I only do well when there is a threat.
So I'm gonna get to it... Blogging is too time intensive. 1:58pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home