Tuesday, April 27, 2010

LVB Trackers - 16 days till Dayton

As I write this in 16 days, 6 minutes the doors to the Hara Arena will be opened for the start of Hamvention 2010. As an inside exhibit volunteer I will be there around 7am. I love being there early watching last minute prep and seeing the place fill up in less than a minute. Checkout the Hamvention 2010 website http://www.hamvention.org/ for details.

Above we see 30 Matrix Orbital lcd displays that have just been unpacked. Today after my physical therapy (PT) session I will process these displays. One of the jobs I just hate. The holes need to be drilled out and deburred (the part I hate) and an idc connector needs to be soldered on (part I like). Fortunately this is the last sub-assembly I need to process. After the pics on the pc boards are flashed I CAN FINALLY START ASSEMBLY AND TESTING. And if I don't slack off I might get done before the day I leave for Dayton!

Got to go! 9:09am

My Mom came home from the hospital today. She is doing real good at her home but my brother, sister and I are going to camp out at her house 24/7 for a several days or so and see how she does.

In the meantime I did get the lcd displays drilled, de-burred and the connectors soldered on. I was going to take a bunch of stuff to Mom's and start mounting parts on the chassis but I think instead I'll take the pcb's with me and complete them. Voltage test, pic mounting and flashing.
Got to get stuff ready. Getting closer... 73's 5:54PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home