Monday, April 26, 2010

LVB Tracker - 17 days till Dayton Hamvention


HERE THEY ARE!!! Just finished soldering parts on 30 pc boards. They're not totally finished but a big part of the work is done. Next... cleaning, heat sink install, pic install, pic flash and usb module install. Hopefully that will get done buy dinner time...

Good news... yesterday I got a phone call from Jim, WB8AZP. he asked me "can't you hear me?" Then I saw him on my computer screen on skype. For some reason after tripping a circuit breaker starting a vacuum cleaner the speakers on my big pc quit. Did all the quick things, cycle power, check connections and computer setting still nothing. Just what I needed. Skype is almost as important as the phone or radios for voice and video messaging here in the shack. NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS... Last thing I did yesterday was power off the speaker system. Subwoofer was still warm so I knew it was getting power. This morning I switched it back on and POP! A good pop. On boot up the speakers were working and a skype test call worked fine... Very good news since it would have taken a bit of time and effort to solve the speaker problem.

Less than 3 weeks till Dayton!

Back to work... 12:21pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home