Wednesday, April 18, 2012

LVB Trackers - 29 days till 2012 Dayton Hamventi

Spent most the evening messing with email and looking at stuff on ebay.  Then I heard TwitTV was going to have live coverage of Bob Heil's party at the NAB so I just had to watch that.  BUT...  I did get some wires cut and stripped for 30 button assemblies.  Also all the parts I ordered are in shipment.  The Digikey stuff will be here tomorrow so I hope to get the LCD cables finished tomorrow evening or Friday.


Heard from a ham from Harris who was interviewed at the Heil party at NAB there is a FET they are using in the broadcast industry that has 21 db gain and will generate 1 KW.  1 FET 1 KW. Harris is using them to build FM transmitters.  40KW transmitter in 2 7ft rack cabinets.  Look out tubes...  And he expects these devices to make it into ham service soon!

It's late, going to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home