Saturday, April 28, 2012

LVB Trackers - 19 days till 2012 Dayton Hamvention

I have trackers on test.  Early this afternoon I finished the last of a batch of 12 trackers.  The first is still on test cause I've been goofing off on the radio and the internet.

There are 5 orders waiting at the AMSAT office and Martha asked if she could have them by Wendnesday, May 2nd.  This means I need to ship Monday, April 30th.  Fortunately I just finished 30+ button assemblies.
The pc boards that were built up weeks ago needed pics installed/flashed and USB modules installed.  That was finished a day or so ago.  I started assembly yesterday Friday.  Assembly goes pretty fast.  I can assemble a tracker in about 15 minutes.  So I think we will easily get 5 or more trackers shipped on time if I can peel myself away from this pc.

Next we will start to build up 20 boards for Hamvention.  Last year we brought 20 and didn't sell them all.  I think Martha took 4 back to Maryland for orders waiting.  Every year we expect demand for these to drop off and that hasn't happenned yet.  Sales at Dayton have dropped a little but not significantly.  So I'm hoping 20+ trackers available at Hamvention will be enough.  

Tracker on top of test rotor, a Yaesu G-5500.

Back to work.

4:18 pm edst

UPDATE 4:38 pm edst:
First tracker is packed and ready for shipment.  Sorry for the crummy pic above.  I took several and didn't like any of them.  Is a bad pic better than no pic?

Back to work.

4:39pm edst

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home