Friday, March 19, 2010

LVB Trackers - Good News!

In January when I first saw the orthopedic surgeon he said I could do bench work with my hands as long as the left arm stayed in the sling. One week after surgery I saw him again and he again said I could do bench work. The next day I tried and after about 40 minutes my shoulder got sore enough for me to stop. Not enough to take a pain pill but I didn't want to take it that far either. This past Tuesday was my first appointment for PT. The PT folks were real happy with the range of movement and gave me some homework. Since I felt so good after PT on Tuesday I thought I'd try some bench work again. March is almost over and we need to get caught up and focus on the build for Dayton. I got to find a way to get trackers built. So I went downstairs and finished putting the R17 resistor (wire strap) on. That went well so I D3. Wednesday installed R13-R16 then formed about 185 1N4148 diodes then installed D1-D2, D4-D7. All this work had negligible affect on my left arm. So after dinner I tacked on all the IC sockets. I wasn't ready to solder 1360 connections so I went upstairs to watch the CAVS game. Today after PT I came downstairs and started the soldering marathon. I'm glad to say that is done. I'm building 20 boards which is about 10 too many. Work and work and work and you never seem to finish. But now that my arm seems to handle the bench work as the doctor said it would I'M ON A ROLL !!!! I think by Sunday night I might have 20 boards done. GOOD NEWS!!!

Oh yes... 55 DAYS TILL DAYTON - LESS THAN TWO MONTHS... YES!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home